Computer beeps four times at startup
- Four beeps indicates a bad checksum for the remainder of the boot ROM. The ROM (which is located on the logic board) is bad.
- If a RAM card is installed in the expansion slot, remove it and put in known-good and compatible RAM and restart.
- If symptom does NOT repeat, replace RAM card.
- If symptom repeats, replace logic board.
3. If no RAM card is installed, replace logic board.
58442: Power On Self-Test Beep Definition - Part 2 95136: iBook (Dual USB): Installing or Replacing Memory
Was this article helpful?