Hard drive will not initialize
- Boot from iBook Software Install CD and see if the hard drive mounts on the desktop.
- If in Mac OS X, boot from the Mac OS X software install CD. Under the File menu, select Disk Utilities and initialize the disk or run Disk First Aid.
- If in Mac OS 9, launch Drive Setup and update hard drive driver.
- If no hard drive is found in Drive Setup, verify the hard drive cable connections.
- Replace hard drive cable.
- Replace hard drive.
Important: If the computer is under warranty and data recovery is required, refer to Article 31077: Hard Drive Data Recovery & Warranty Implications, for important information.
Was this article helpful?