No display or dim display but computer appears to operate correctly
- Remove any connected peripherals.
- Try known-good power outlet, power adapter and power cord.
- Press F2 (with the fn key pressed and not pressed) to increase the screen brightness setting.
- Reboot the computer—hold down the Control and Command keys and press the Power button, or press and hold the Power button for 5 to 10 seconds to shut down the computer, then press the Power button to restart.
- Verify backlight cable and LVDS cable connections are seated properly and that the cables are not damaged (refer to display assembly replacement instructions).
- Replace display assembly.
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?