Using even force, pull the looped handle straight up to disconnect the ribbon cable from the connector at the side of the hard drive.
Note: When installing the ribbon cable at the side of the replacement drive, this connector is labeled "TO MAIN BOARD" on the ribbon cable.
3. Lift up the fabric tape to release the microphone cable.
Note: When reassembling the computer, reuse the tape to secure the microphone cable to the replacement drive.
4. From the corner bracket, tilt up the hard drive, and slide it out from under the microphone cable.
5. Warning: Handle the hard drive at the sides only. Do not touch or press anywhere else on the drive.
Warning: If the ribbon cable connector is pulled out unevenly, some connector pins could become bent and damaged.
Using even force, pull the looped handle to disconnect the ribbon cable from the connector on the end of the hard drive.
Note: When installing the ribbon cable to the end of the replacement drive, this connector is labeled "TO HDD" on the ribbon cable.
6. Holding the drive by the corners as shown, pull off the side rails (with grommets attached).
Note: When reassembling the computer, transfer the side brackets (including the grommets) to the replacement hard drive so the grommets fit over the screw heads.
7. Install the replacement hard drive, and reassemble and test the computer. Note: Each connector on the ribbon cable is labeled for reinstallation.
Was this article helpful?