1. With the computer on a soft cloth, note the location of the sleep light board connected to the logic board and outer frame.
Note: When reassembling the computer, make sure the sleep light board is positioned as shown and does not get caught between the top and bottom case.
2. Using a black stick, disconnect the sleep light board connector from the logic board.
4. Turn over the computer frame and remove the two Phillips screws that secure the logic board to the heat spreader plate:
5. Turn over the computer frame, and remove the remaining screw at the heat spreader plate.
Note: When reassembling the computer, make sure that you transfer the following items from the original logic board to the top of the replacement logic board:
8. Lifting the logic board at the back ports, tilt up the logic board to remove it from the frame.
Note: When installing the replacement logic board into the frame, make sure that it fits underneath the highlighted tab on the frame.
9. Install the replacement logic board, and reassemble and test the computer.
Was this article helpful?