The microphone is not working
- If in Mac OS 9, check the Sound control panel and verify that the selection for input is the built-in microphone.
- Check the signal level and level meter and adjust the gain.
- If in Mac OS 9, remove Sound Preferences from the Preferences folder and restart.
- Reset PRAM (Press the power button, then hold down the Option-Command-P-R keys until you hear the startup chime at least one additional time after the initial startup chime).
- Verify microphone cable connection to logic board.
- Replace display assembly (which includes the microphone).
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?