Ibook G4 12 Bluetooth
- With the computer on a soft cloth, note the routing of the thin, black microphone cable and the LVDS (low voltage data signal) cable.
- Disconnect the microphone cable from the logic board near the hard drive.
- Pull up the flexible tab to disconnect the LVDS cable from the logic board.
- Peel up any tape that secures the two cables.
- Without straining the microphone and LVDS cables, carefully pull them up from the computer assembly.
- Remove the 3.5-mm long screw that anchors the LVDS cable tab to the computer frame.
7. Holding the connector end of the AirPort Extreme/Bluetooth antenna cables, carefully lift them up from the corner space between the heatsink and the memory card slot.
Caution: Tugging on the cables could damage them.
8. Peel off any tape that holds the antenna cables to the frame.
- Place the computer assembly on its side.
- Without straining the AirPort Extreme/Bluetooth antenna cables, carefully thread them through the opening between the optical drive and frame.
- At the other side of the computer assembly, allow the antenna cables to hang.
- Peel up the tape, and disconnect the inverter cable from the underside of the logic board.
13. Warning: To prevent damage, support the display while performing this step.
Remove the screw at each display hinge.
14. Warning: When lifting the display, be careful not to strain the cables.
Remove the display from the computer chassis.
- 15. Install the display module, and reassemble and test the computer.
Was this article helpful?