Ibook 14 Inch Lvds
- With the computer on a soft cloth, note the routing of the thin, black microphone cable and the LVDS (low voltage data signal) cable.
- Disconnect the microphone cable from the logic board near the hard drive.
- Pull up the flexible tab to disconnect the LVDS cable from the logic board.
4. Carefully route the AirPort antenna cable out from under the optical drive.
- Peel off any tape that holds the cables to the frame.
- Without straining the cables, lift them up from the logic board.
- While supporting the display, tilt up the chassis, and disconnect the inverter cable from the underside of the logic board.
8. Warning: To prevent damage, support the display while performing this step.
Remove the screw at each display hinge.
9. Warning: When lifting the display, be careful not to strain the cables.
Remove the display from the computer chassis.
- 10. Install the replacement display module, and reassemble and test the computer.
Replacement Note: As you reassemble the computer, make sure cables are secure. Check that the microphone cable is routed as shown.
Was this article helpful?