1. Remove the four screws connecting the fan bracket to the chassis (Faraday cage).
2. Lift the fan bracket from the chassis. Note: The fan gasket is stuck to the back side of the fan bracket.
Replacement Note: For reassembly, note the orientation of the neck cables (see below) in the fan bracket:
- Blue Blind Mate Connector cable
- Green Blind Mate Connector cable
- Red TMDS video cable
Warning: Whenever the bottom housing is opened for service, you must do two things:
- You must clean the original thermal film from all thermal interface mating surfaces, and reapply thermal paste to the mating surfaces on the thermal pipe.
- You must tighten the four torx screws on the bottom housing to a minimum of 17 in.-lbs. Use a torque driver (service tool 076-0899) to ensure that the thermal pipe is firmly mated with the top base. If you do not have a torque driver, you must make sure the screws are tightened by hand FIRMLY, BUT NOT FORCIBLY.
Warning: Failure to follow these steps could cause the computer to overheat and damage internal components.
Refer to the topic "Thermal Paste Application" for detailed information.
Was this article helpful?