Warning: The ambient light sensor is located in the second hole from the right. Don't mistake the ambient light sensor for a screw. Sticking a screwdriver or other sharp object in
5. Start on the left side (looking from the back of the unit). As you insert the card to disengage the latch, squeeze the top of the bezel, that will help take pressure off of the latch and enable it to open easier. As the bezel releases, pull the bezel away from the rear housing. Note: If the bezel won't open, try cutting the card lengthwise into 3/4 inch or 1.5 cm strips. Insert the card on a 45° angle, aimed toward the outer corner, and try again.
6. Repeat step 5 to release the locking latch in the right corner. Again, pull the bezel away as the card releases the latch.
7. If the bezel won't release, pull the bottom of the bezel out a bit and insert the access card again.
9. Once the access card has been removed, it is safe to open the bezel. Position the unit on an ESD mat, with the bottom facing toward you. Lift up the top of the bezel and pull it up and slightly toward you. Caution: Make sure the memory eject levers are not protruding from the access door when you lift the bezel up.
10. Swing the bezel up so you can disconnect two cables on the camera board at the top of the bezel.
11. Remove the any kapton tape and disconnect the camera and microphone cables from the camera board.
Was this article helpful?