Removing the Glass Panel
1. Apple strongly recommends wearing clean lint-free gloves whenever handling the glass panel. The gloves protect the glass panel from body oils, dirt, and other contaminants. Put on a pair of clean gloves with the rubberized-side of the gloves on the palm side of your hand.
- Position the computer on the rear cover, on a soft protective lint-free surface, with the stand facing you
- Clean off the suction cups, making sure they are free of contaminants. It may be necessary to wash the suction cups with a mild liquid soap in order to remove the residual release agents applied during manufacturing.
4. Gently press the suction cups in opposite corners on the glass panel, as shown. Important: Make sure the suction cups are firmly attached to the glass before lifting the glass.
- 5. Hold onto the suction cups and gently lift the glass panel straight up and off the bezel.
- Set the glass down on the microfoam bag or clean lint-free surface and remove the suction cups. Squeeze the base of each suction cup to release them from the glass panel.
- Touching only the edges of the glass, slide the glass panel into the microfoam static-free bag. Set the glass aside in a location where it won't get damaged. The bag will help minimize contamination of the glass.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook