Replacing the Optical Drive
Caution: Never press down on or grasp the body of the optical drive when installing it. Pressing or squeezing the body of the optical drive could damage the drive mechanism.
1. Install the flex cable onto the optical drive with two T6 screws.
- Insert the optical drive bezel into the rear housing, lining up the bezel with the slot opening.
- Replace the two T8 optical drive screws.
- Replace the EMI mesh tape. Important: Make sure the EMI mesh tape does not cover any of the slot-load opening on the rear cover as you replace the optical drive into the computer assembly.
- Connect the optical sensor cable to the underside of the drive. Place the new foam gasket on top of the sensor clip. A replacement foam gasket is included with all optical drives.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook