Replacing the Optical Sensor Cable
Caution: Never press down on or grasp the body of the optical drive when installing it. Pressing or squeezing the body of the optical drive could damage the drive mechanism.
1. Connect the optical sensor cable to the underside of the drive. Place the foam gasket on top of the sensor cable clip. Connect the other end of the sensor to the logic board.
- 2. Replace the T6 screws on the optical flexible cable.
- Replace the optical drive.
- Replace the display panel.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Clean and replace the glass panel. Note: This step is very important. Follow the procedures to ensure the glass is clean and free of particles.
- Replace the access door.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook