Replacing the Glass Panel
1. Put on a pair of clean gloves with the rubberized-side of the gloves on the palm side of your hand.
- Install the LCD display panel onto the computer if it was removed.
- Replace the font bezel if it was removed, connect the microphone cable and replace the bezel screws.
- Locate the sticky silicone roller and the dust removal pad. Remove the protective covering on the silicone roller and peel the protective cover off the dust removal pad.
5. Holding the sticky paper with your free hand, clean the silicone roller on the sticky paper by rolling the roller back and forth once or twice on the sticky paper. If the sticky paper has been used multiple times and looks dirty, use a new piece of sticky paper. Note: Wash the silicone roller in warm soapy water if the roller is no longer tacky. Replace the silicone roller if the tackiness does not return.
- Set the roller aside on its clean protective roller cover while you prepare the glass and computer.
- REMINDER: WEAR CLEAN GLOVES AND ONLY HANDLE THE GLASS BY THE EDGES.
- Stand the computer upright. Note: Less dust particles will settle on the LCD panel with the computer in the vertical position.
- Roll the sticky silicone roller over the LCD panel to remove any particles. Note: A larger silicone roller was used for demonstration purposes, however; the 6-inch silicone roller from Apple service will suffice.
- Remove the glass panel from the microfoam bag. Place the glass on the bag with the inside surface of the glass (side with metal pins) facing up.
- Clean the INSIDE of the glass panel with the clean silicone roller to remove dust or other loose particles. Gently roll the clean silicone roller over the inside of the glass. Note: If fingerprints and oils are on the inside of the glass, clean the inside first with isopropyl alcohol or use the LENSPEN LapTop PRO.
12. Holding the glass by the edges, carefully line up the metal pins on the inside of the glass panel with the holes at the top of the front bezel and the hole at the bottom of the bezel. Gently lower the glass panel onto the bezel. The magnets on the front bezel will pull panel and hold the glass panel in place.
13. Clean the outside of the glass panel with a clean microfiber cleaning cloth. If necessary, spray a small amount (two pumps) of iKlear polish on the outside of the glass panel. Wipe the glass until the solution completely disappears and there is no longer any residue or haze. CAUTION: Do not use single wipe iKlear packets or other cleaning solutions to clean the glass. The LENSPEN LapTop PRO is also a very effective tool to use for smudges or fingerprints on the outside of the glass panel.
- Once the glass has been cleaned and polished, visually inspect the glass for any remaining dust, fingerprints, or a hazy residue. If there are contaminates trapped between the LCD panel and the glass panel repeat the cleaning procedure described in this section before returning the system to the customer.
- Replace the memory access door.
Ici i I
Was this article helpful?