S Correction Adjustment
- Open the Display Adjustment Utility and select "White Grid" from the Pattern menu.
- Check that all the squares on the White Grid test pattern appear equal in size. If the squares look fine, there is no need for this adjustment. If the squares don't look equal in size, go on to the next step.
f Geometry Color _
Height Q^l E3
Keystone Qjp ^ 11 A2
Pincushion Qjp ; D1
Pincushion Bal ; BF
- Open the Display Adjustment Utility, and select the Geometry tab.
- If the squares need adjusting, move the S Correction slider bar.
- Select the White Grid test pattern again from the Pattern menu and check that all the squares on the White Grid test pattern appear equal in size. If the squares need further adjusting, repeat steps 4 -5.
f Geometiy^/Color \_
Width (jjp= 21
Height QjjJ E3
Horizontal =Cjji) J B1
Vei-tical Qjp= J 48
Keystone QjjJ A2
Pincushion (jjp J D1
Rotation [jjp J 53
Pincushion Bal 3 BF
S Correction J 9E
Revert ] Save
- When all the squares look uniform on the S Correction test pattern, go back to the Geometry tab window and click the Save button.
- Restart the computer and reset the parameter RAM (PRAM) to save these adjustments to the Factory Setting.
To reset the PRAM, hold down the
<Command><Option><P> and <R> keys after Restart is selected from the Special menu.
Note: If you don't restart the computer, the iMac will display the last settings made on the iMac.
- Open the Monitors control panel.
- Select the Geometry icon.
10. Click on the Factory Settings button in the Geometry window.
Note: Before returning the iMac to the customer, display the focus test pattern again and verify that the focus is acceptable after all of the adjustments have been completed.
Was this article helpful?