No modem dial tone
- Verify known-good analog (not digital) telephone line.
- Verify known-good RJ-11 telephone cable.
- Verify RJ-11 cable is not plugged into Ethernet port.
- Inspect RJ-11 connector and modem port for pin damage.
- Verify RJ-11 cable is firmly installed in the modem port.
- Verify correct modem driver is installed and the correct CCL is selected. If the problem persists, reinstall system software.
- Open the bottom housing. Verify the internal RJ-11 modem cable is connected to the modem.
- Replace the RJ-11 board.
- Replace the modem.
- Replace the logic board.
Was this article helpful?