Replace the logic board Optical disc constantly ejects
- Disconnect all peripheral devices, especially the mouse in cases where the disc is constantly ejecting.
- Try cleaning the disc. If it is dirty or scratched, it may not mount.
- Try a different disc.
- Boot from Apple Hardware Test (hold down the "C" key at startup) or boot from the system install CD (use Startup Manager, hold down the Option key at startup).
- Perform a clean install with the CD that came with the computer.
- Reseat the optical drive.
- Replace the optical drive.
- Replace the logic board
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook