Replacing the Optical Drive
- Note: A microfoam insert is included with the replacement optical drive and should be installed using the instructions included below. The microfoam insert will prevent optical media from ejecting out of the system and dropping to the desktop. Only one microfoam insert should be used per system
- Locate the enclosed piece of white microfoam and the two white posts (circled) on the bezel.
3. With the shiny side of the microfoam facing the bezel, slide the holes of the microfoam onto the two white posts on the bezel.
4. Tuck the mircofoam into place before installing the optical drive.
- Remove the replacement optical drive from its packaging.
- Slide the optical drive into the display bezel and press down near the tab to reconnect the drive.
7. Replace the four optical drive screws. Replace the back cover. Return the optical drive to Apple in the packaging provided.
- Replace the back cover.
- Make sure no microfoam is sticking out of the bezel. Note: Before reassembling the computer, partially insert an optical disc to make sure it inserts smoothly.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook