When I type strange characters appear on the screen
- Depending on your iMac's settings, a simple keystroke can change your keyboard from English to Japanese. This can result in some pretty funny characters showing up when you type. To switch to the US keyboard,
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on the International icon.
- Click on the Input Menu near the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the list and uncheck any non-US keyboard layouts.
- Close the System Preferences. Try typing a few characters. Did is solve the problem? Yes: Problem solved.
No: Replace the keyboard.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook