System hangs during normal startup process
- Boot from the Mac mini Mac OS X Install DVD that came with the computer and see if the hard drive mounts on the desktop.
- Run Apple Hardware Test (AHT), located on the install DVD.
- Run Disk Utility and correct any directory and permissions issues.
- Verify that the hard drive is connected to the interconnect board.
- Try a known-good hard drive.
- Erase and reformat the original drive.
- Try a known-good interconnect board.
- Replace hard drive.
- Replace interconnect board.
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?