1. Disconnect the optical drive flex cable from the logic board.
8. Pull up the microphone cable and remove the 3-mm long screw between the memory slots.
9. Remove the 3-mm long screw from the upper right area of the board. Disconnect the inverter cable.
10. Move aside the cables.
Holding the logic board by its right side, tilt it up and with a small rocking motion, remove it at an angle away from the I/O ports. You might find it helpful to use a black stick between the side of the bottom housing and the ports.
Replacement Note: When replacing the logic board, make sure all cables are kept clear of the board, and the I/O shield is securely positioned along the ports. Use a black stick to slightly flex the port side of the bottom case to install the logic board.
12. If you are installing a new logic board, transfer the following parts to the replacement board: • Backup battery on the underside of the logic board (Refer to Backup Battery in this chapter)
13. Before installing the logic board, make sure the gold-colored spring located beneath the inverter cable connector is intact (not bent or broken).
14. Before installing the logic board, check the locator pins on the bottom case. Make sure the two openings in the logic board fit over the locator pins.
15. Install the replacement logic board, and reassemble and test the computer.
Was this article helpful?