- Soft cloth
- ESD wrist strap and mat
- Black stick (Apple part number 922-5065) or other nonconductive nylon or plastic flatblade tool
Before you begin, remove
- RAM door
- Top case with keyboard
- Optical drive
- Display module
- Display bezel
- Clutch cover
- With the display assembly resting on a clean, soft cloth, note the position of the inverter cable in relation to the left clutch barrel.
- Remove the tape from the left clutch barrel.
3. Remove the 3-mm long ground screw, and disconnect the inverter cable from the left end of the inverter board.
- Remove the inverter cable from the display assembly.
- Replace the inverter cable, and reassemble and test the computer
Replacement Note: Apply the tape where shown to secure the inverter cable to the left hinge.
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook