1. Note the placement of the strips of tape that secure the LVDS cable and the USB line to the LCD panel.
2. Because the protective sheath for the flex cables can be delicate, use light pressure to hold the cables in place as you carefully peel up the strips of tape just enough to free the cables.
3. Disconnect the LVDS cable by pulling the connector straight down from the connector on the LCD panel.
4. Disconnect the USB line by using a black stick and your fingernail to slide the connector straight down from the camera board.
Replacement Note: When reinstalling the USB line, no copper contacts should be visible. Reinstall the cable if you can see copper contacts. Wrong
5. Remove the LVDS cable from the panel, and unwrap the black tape that secures the cable to the microphone cable.
Replacement Note: Whenever the microphone cable is to be separated from the LVDS cable, use a permanent marking pen to mark the microphone cable. Marking the cable where the strips of conductive tape overlap the microphone cable provides a guide for reassembly.
Late 2006 Model Replacement Note: For the Late 2006 model, there are three possible panel manufacturers: AUO, Chi Mei, and Samsung. Refer to the following table when replacing the LVDS cable or LCD panel:
LCD Panel Logo
Display Part Number (a bundled kit that includes the LCD panel and LVDS cable)
Compatible LVDS Cable
Was this article helpful?