Apple Hardware Test AHT A
All Apple Hardware Tests for Macintosh professional portables are numbered sequentially starting with the prefix "3A." This approach provides each AHT release a unique version number and eliminates confusion between the same version across different product lines.
To use Apple Hardware Test on the MacBook Air:
- Disconnect all external devices from the computer except the power adapter.
- Restart the computer while holding down the D key.
- When the Apple Hardware Test chooser screen appears, select the language for your location.
- Press the Return key or click the right arrow button.
- When the Apple Hardware Test main screen appears (after about 45 seconds), follow the onscreen instructions.
- If Apple Hardware Test detects an issue, it displays an error code. Make a note of the error code before pursuing support options. If Apple Hardware Test doesn't detect a hardware issue, the issue may be software related.
If the previous method doesn't work on the MacBook Air, you can use a networked computer and Remote Install Mac OS X to run Apple Hardware Test. Be sure to install Remote Install Mac OS X on the networked computer first. See the section called Reinstalling software using Remote Install Mac OS X later in this chapter.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook