Apple Hardware Test AHT A
All Apple Hardware Tests for Macintosh professional portables are numbered sequentially starting with the prefix "3A." This approach provides each AHT release a unique version number and eliminates confusion between the same version across different product lines.
To use Apple Hardware Test on the MacBook Air:
- Disconnect all external devices from the computer except the power adapter.
- Restart the computer while holding down the D key.
- When the Apple Hardware Test chooser screen appears, select the language for your location.
- Press the Return key or click the right arrow button.
- When the Apple Hardware Test main screen appears (after about 45 seconds), follow the onscreen instructions.
- If Apple Hardware Test detects an issue, it displays an error code. Make a note of the error code before pursuing support options. If Apple Hardware Test doesn't detect a hardware issue, the issue may be software related.
If the previous method doesn't work on the MacBook Air, you can use a networked computer and Remote Install Mac OS X to run Apple Hardware Test. Be sure to install Remote Install Mac OS X on the networked computer first. See the section called Reinstalling software using Remote Install Mac OS X later in this chapter.
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook