Internal hard drive will not initialize
- Run Disk Utility from the Software Install and Restore DVD. Refer to sections in the General Troubleshooting chapter regarding Reinstalling software using Remote Install Mac OS X or Reinstalling software using the MacBook Air SuperDrive.
- When the Installer opens, from the Installer menu, select Open Disk Utility.
- If the hard drive is recognized, format it under the Erase tab. To format a blank hard drive:
- Boot from the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 which came with the system (see step 1 above).
- Select the desired language.
- Select Disk Utility, under the Utilities menu.
- Click the Erase tab.
- Select the hard drive in the Source pane.
- Verify that Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected.
- Click Erase.
- Continue using the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 to install the system software.
- Restart the computer, and run Software Update to install updates. Continue to run Software Update until no more updates are listed.
Important: If the computer is under warranty and data recovery is required, refer to Knowledge Base article 31077: DriveSavers: Hard Drive Data Recovery & Warranty Implications for important information.
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook