Power but No Video
The computer begins to power up, the fans and hard drive spin, the Caps Lock key lights up when pressed, but there is no startup chime or video.
Note: Examine the display carefully. An image may be barely present on the screen, but with no backlight clearly illuminating the image. In this case, the system is working properly except for the backlight. Use the "Display: Dim Video" troubleshooting section to resolve this issue.
- Reset the SMC (power manager) as described in "Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)" under "Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks" in the previous chapter.
- Try connecting an external display to check for intact video signal. If external video appears, check the system for any pending software or firmware updates and update accordingly.
- Verify that the LVDS cable connector is seated properly and the cable is not damaged.
- Replace the display assembly.
- Check all cable connections to the logic board. Try restarting.
- Replace the logic board.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook