Power but No Video
The computer begins to power up, the fans and hard drive spin, the Caps Lock key lights up when pressed, but there is no startup chime or video.
Note: Examine the display carefully. An image may be barely present on the screen, but with no backlight clearly illuminating the image. In this case, the system is working properly except for the backlight. Use the "Display: Dim Video" troubleshooting section to resolve this issue.
- Reset the SMC (power manager) as described in "Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)" under "Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks" in the previous chapter.
- Try connecting an external display to check for intact video signal. If external video appears, check the system for any pending software or firmware updates and update accordingly.
- Verify that the LVDS cable connector is seated properly and the cable is not damaged.
- Replace the display assembly.
- Check all cable connections to the logic board. Try restarting.
- Replace the logic board.
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook