The Intel-based MacBook Pro starts up very much like the previous professional Macintosh notebook computers. If power is available to the system from the battery and/or AC power adapter, pushing the power button will boot the system and begin the boot process.
- The screen will stay dark. The sleep LED will glow solid. This will last a few seconds.
- As the system boots, a power-on self test (POST) will be performed. See POST Error Codes listed later for failure results.
- If the system is not muted, you will hear a boot beep. The backlight will turn on and the sleep LED will turn off.
- The screen will turn gray. The Apple logo will appear and then the turning gear will appear.
- The desktop pattern will show up, as well as the menu bar start populating.
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook