No response from keys on the keyboard
- Remove any connected peripherals and eject any ExpressCard.
- If only numbers show up, check if NUM lock (F6) is engaged. Note: This step does not apply to MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008).
- Go to Apple System Profiler and look under the USB Bus tab in the USB device section. If you see Apple internal keyboard / trackpad, go to step 6.
- Attach an external USB keyboard. If the external keyboard doesn't work, go to step 6.
- Turn off the computer. Check the keyboard flex cable connection to the trackpad and the trackpad flex cable connection to the main logic board (also check connectors for damage).
- Start up from the MacBook Pro Mac OS X Install 1 DVD that came with the computer (hold down the "C" key during restart, if possible) to verify that it is not a software problem.
- Replace the keyboard.
- Replace the top case.
- Replace the logic board.
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook