Main feature differences between the Mac Book Pro both models and the Power Book G inch Double Layer SD
For details go to http://support.apple.com/specs/macbookpro/MacBook_Pro_17-inch.html.
- Intel Core Duo (2.16GHz) and Core 2 Duo (2.33GHz) microprocessor architecture (over seven times faster than PowerBook G4)
- Higher resolution 17 inch display, 1680 x 1050, 116 dpi (previously 1440 x 960, 114 dpi) with new glossy display option
- Supports PC-5300 DDR2 (667MHz) memory—up to 2GB in the MacBook Pro (17-inch) and up to 3GB in the MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo)
- 256MB VRAM with dual link DVI option is standard
- 120GB 5400 RPM hard drive standard in the MacBook Pro (17-inch) and 160GB standard in the MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo); 100GB 7200 RPM optional in both models, plus 200GB 4200 RPM optional in the MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo) only
- Three USB ports (two on the left side of the system)
- No built-in modem, but supports the optional Apple USB modem
- ExpressCard/34 expansion card slot replaced PCMCIA
- Infrared sensor
- iSight camera built in
- MagSafe magnetic power connector
- Enhanced speaker system (four speaker drivers)
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Using Your MAC. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To The Tips And Tricks Of Having Fun With MAC.
Get My Free Ebook