Note: If replacing the top case, remove the keyboard and transfer to the replacement top case.
- Visually check to verify that all cables are connected and routed correctly with nothing raised up or incorrectly over a component.
- Check perimeter wiring and cables around clutches to verify that they will not be caught or pinched by the top case during replacement.
- Verify that the LVDS cable is secure and lays flat.
5. Check that the perimeter metal tabs are not bent.
Note: The metal quickly fatigues and can break off easily. Be extremely careful to gently straighten tabs, if needed.
- Connect the flex cable from the top case to the logic board.
- Lift the top case slightly and rotate it down over the bottom case (verify that the cable is folding properly) and align the corners.
- Start at the right corner and guide the top case onto the bottom case. Use a black stick to carefully pull or push tabs slightly, if needed.
- Some side screws have a flexible screw boss. If they block a tab on the top case from seating, use the pointed end of a black stick through the screw hole to push on the boss slightly.
- The tabs are fragile. Do not apply too much pressure or bend them.
- The top case should lay flat along the sides and top, if not, make sure that cables and components are not interfering.
- Screw order is vital for the proper attachment of the top case.
9. Reinstall the side screws in the order shown, below.
Replacement Note: Do NOT insert side screws into the DVI port screw holes. The screws can jam in the holes, requiring removing the logic board to remove.
% 3.4 mm
- Close the computer, flip it over, and install the four back screws.
- Install the two screws in the memory bay.
- Install the memory door and four screws.
- Install the two screw in the battery bay.
- 4 irm ri r o
- Replace the battery.
- Testing the computer should include powering on, checking the keyboard and trackpad function.
Operate the computer in a darkened room to check for keyboard backlight function.
- | Keyboard
Was this article helpful?
What is So Great About Apples Design Concepts? There is always a reason why consumers are drawn to a particular brand of product. Apple has the record for drawing people in, and not just Americans, why? Ease of use, thats why.
Get My Free Ebook