A USB device not recognized by computer
Note: If you are trying to use a serial device with a USB/Serial adapter, check with the manufacturer of the adapter for compatibility.
- Completely shut down, then press the power button to start the computer.
- Verify current driver for the device is installed.
- If a camera, turn on camera after initiating download with camera application.
- Try the other USB port.
- Try different USB device on same port.
- Eliminate chain by plugging in only one peripheral.
- Try known-good Apple USB keyboard or mouse to verify the port is working properly. If the left port is bad, check the Sound/DC-in board flex cable and connections. If the right port is bad, check the backup battery flex cable and connections.
- If the USB flex cables are fine, replace the Sound/DC-in board for the left USB port or the backup battery board for the right port.
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?