Air Port connection is slow
- Move computer closer to AirPort Base Station or other AirPort device.
- Too many users are accessing network at the same time causing heavy network traffic. To improve network connection speed, add additional AirPort Base Stations.
- Check for other changes in the environment that may cause interference with the AirPort signal.
- Use Software Update in system preferences or see the Apple Software Updates web page to make sure the latest version of AirPort Extreme software is installed.
- Restart the computer.
- Check the AirPort Extreme Card flex cable connection to the logic board.
- Check the connection on both ends of the AirPort Extreme Card antenna jumper cable, if loose, reconnect and test again.
- Check the AirPort Extreme Card antenna jumper cable for damaged insulation or a crimped cable. If bad, replace antenna jumper cable.
- Replace with known-good AirPort Extreme Card.
- Check AirPort Extreme antenna wire coming from display panel for nicked insulator or crimped wire. If bad, replace display panel assembly.
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?