Application Quits Kernel panic or other booting problems
- If a specific application quits, replace the application. Verify the application is compatible with OS X.
- Clear parameter RAM. Hold down Command-Option-P-R during startup until you hear a second startup chime.
- Run Disk Utility from the Software Install and Restore DVD.
- Perform a clean install of system software with the software install and restore disc that came with the computer.
Note: Restore disc images are available at http://service.info.apple.com. Select "Disc Images."
- Reboot system.
- Run Apple Service Diagnostic in loop mode (Control-L) for an extended time to test the memory. If the test finds bad memory, replace the DIMMs one at a time and test until all bad DIMMs are replaced with known-good modules.
- Replace the logic board.
Was this article helpful?