Note: If replacing the hard drive flex cable, verify that the EMI pad is installed on the cable, or install it if supplied, or transfer from the replaced cable.
1. Remove the two screws.
2. Carefully lift the modem to disconnect the flex cable connected underneath.
3. Lift the modem up slightly and disconnect the RJ-11 cable connector.
3. Position the modem over the pin and align the screw holes, then press down over the flex connector location to connect the cable.
Note: If the modem will not seat on the flex connector, remove the optical drive to gain access to the cable.
4. Check that the modem cable is still secured to the modem.
5. Reassemble and test the modem. Check the battery latch to make sure nothing is interfering with its rotation.
Was this article helpful?