No display or dim display but computer appears to operate correctly
- Remove any connected peripherals.
- Make sure F1 key is not stuck down.
- Press the F2 key (with the fn key pressed and not pressed) to increase the screen brightness settings.
- Reboot the computer—hold down the Control and Command keys and press the Power button to restart the computer. Or, press and hold the Power button for 5 to 10 seconds to shut down the computer, then press the Power button to restart.
- Important: The Apple 65W Power Adapter is highly recommended be used with the PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW800) computer. The adapters can be identified by 65W in the name and markings, and the metal securing-stud on the plug connector. Although previous 45W power adapters (see Knowledge Base article 88231 PowerBook and iBook: Apple Power Adapter) are plug compatible with the PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW800), it may not have sufficient power to operate the system during some activities and may draw power from the battery.
- Verify inverter cable and LVDS cable connections are seated properly and that the cables are not damaged.
- Replace display panel assembly.
- Replace logic board.
Was this article helpful?