- Remove the four screws.
- To remove the cage, lift it off of the eject button pin.
- Remove the eject button for replacement.
- Verify the holes in the Sound/DC-in board, are aligned with the screw bosses under them on the bottom case so that the PC card cage screws will install.
- Install the replacement PC card cage and eject button.
Replacement Note: Ensure that the pin on the PC card cage eject button is secured by the hole in the cage mechanism.
6. Lightly install all four screws before tightening (note: longer screws go in the back by the flex cable), then tighten in the following order.
- Reassemble the computer.
- Testing the computer should include inserting a PC card to check that it can be locked in and that the eject button works smoothly.
Was this article helpful?