Replacement Note: The Bluetooth antenna cable secures with the modem cable in the channels along the left speaker. When re-securing, insert the Bluetooth antenna wire into the channel first, then the modem wire.
4. Disconnect the AirPort Extreme antenna coupling. Remove Kapton tape if present, then grasp the coupling (not the wires) at both ends and pull to separate at the middle.
Replacement Note: Use Kapton tape to secure the connector.
5. Disconnect the inverter cable.
6. On the right side of the computer, disconnect the LVDS cable.
7. Move the display to a 90-degree angle and remove the four screws.
Important: Support the display from falling over before removing the last screw.
8. Lift the display straight up and off of the computer without catching wires.
9. Install the replacement display panel assembly.
Replacement Note: Make sure to capture the grounding loop with the back screw.
Was this article helpful?