This procedure requires the following tools:
- 0 Phillips screwdriver (magnetized)
- 1.5 mm Hex key (or Torx T6)
- Dental pick (with up to a ninety-degree bend)
- Black stick (or other nonconductive nylon or plastic flat-blade tool)
- Soft cloth
- Multi-compartment screw tray
Before you begin, remove the following:
Note: This procedure removes the top case and keyboard assembly. The keyboard is removable only after removing the top case.
- Place the computer face down on a soft cloth.
- Remove the two screws inside the battery bay.
- Remove the two screws from the memory bay.
- Remove the four screws along the back edge.
Was this article helpful?