The optical drive does not eject CD or DVD disc
- Verify disc is not in use by quitting any applications that may be using the disc.
- Press and hold Media Eject key at top right corner of keyboard. If that does not work, hold down Function (fn) key and Media Eject key.
- Drag disc icon to trash or select it and press Command-E.
- Choose Restart from Apple menu while holding down trackpad button.
- Replace optical drive. (See "How to remove a stuck disc from the optical drive" heading of the Optical Drive chapter in the Take Apart section of this manual.)
Was this article helpful?